PicoScope 4000A can use for measure three phase Active power, reactive power and Bode plot ?

Which product is right for your exact requirements
TanTAH

PicoScope 4000A can use for measure three phase Active power, reactive power and Bode plot ?

Post by TanTAH »

Hello,
I am looking 01 product which can do for me as required:
- Measure (RMS) active power and reactive power three phases (Voltage input source max=150AC, Current input source max =5A -can use probes) (also can - Measeure AC voltage (RMS) and AC current (RMS) on software).
- Make Bode plot from 0-10Hz with step <=0.05Hz.
- Generator with Sin or White noise, frequency out from 0-10Hz with step <=0.05Hz.
sample rate > 100 sample/s.
- analgog input can measure from 0-10V DC or 0-20mA.
Can you show me which product i can buy with accessory. I see PicoScope 4000A can be use but i don't known how to make math chanel or something else.
Thank you.

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: PicoScope 4000A can use for measure three phase Active power, reactive power and Bode plot ?

Post by bennog »

If you want to do it for all 3 phase at the same time you need at least a 6 channel scope.
So that leaves only 1 option the 4824A
You will need additional 3 HV differential probes (normal 1:100 probes are not safe for mains measurements)
You need 3 or 4 current transformers or current probes (4 th is for measuring the current in neutral wire if it exist)

For power quality analytics there are not many tools in the picoscope software besides RMS.
However you can export to excel or MATLAB to do all the calculations over there.

for bodeplots there is a tool discussed here on the forum that works as expected.

Benno

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PicoScope 4000A can use for measure three phase Active power, reactive power and Bode plot ?

Post by Martyn »

Frequency Response Analysis
https://www.picotech.com/library/picoap ... bode-plots

Forum Discussion
topic14311.html
Martyn
Technical Support Manager