Signal generator. Importing csv files not working on french window

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
JoseH

Signal generator. Importing csv files not working on french window

Post by JoseH »

Hello everybody.

I have a Picoscope 2207B and I am using "PicoScope software version : 7.1.9.16090 on Window 11, french version. After spending a lot of time trying to generate a CSV file to create a signal and import it into the signal generator, I have to face the facts, the import does not work on a french version of Windows. :(
Depending on the case, I have one or the other of these two errors:

The first one occurs when I try to import a CSV file containing this kind of data :

The second error occurs when the CSV data is written the french way, with a coma instead on a dot.

The number of decimals does not matter, the errors always occurs. Even more: it is not possible to import into the signal generator a file exported by the signal generator itself. We get the second error... But this remains logical with what is said above because the file exported by the signal generator contains french formated décimal numbers :

the only way I can import a CSV file into the signal generator is avoiding using decimal numbers. For instance, this works :

It's absolutely the only way to do it.

So, it is clear that there is a software problem in the way of managing the CSV importation and exportation on a French computer. I Hope someone could find a solution because this is a very anoying issue.

Thank you very much for your help.

jlschafer

Re: Signal generator. Importing csv files not working on french window

Post by jlschafer »

Hello,
I don't know if I could help you but I'm using French version Picoscope 7.1.2 (not 7.1.9) on Windows 10 with a Picoscope 4262 and I'm creating arbitrary sine waveforms for testing audio equipment (IM distortion). I create the csv files in 4096 lines in the French decimal format with the comma and then I readjust the values between -1 and +1. It works perfectly. I therefore advise you to test version 7.1.2 of Picoscope 7.
Hope this is useful to you.
Sincerely

JoseH

Post by JoseH »

Hi Jlschafer
Thanks a lot for your reply.

I edit this post because it was written before your answer and approved just after. So, the order of the posts has been altered.

I will try le version you suggested and I will keep you informed of the result :wink:

For information, before your answer, I tryed an old version I already had : Picoscope V6.14.69.6401, and as with the version you suggested, I dont have any problem with importation or exportation of CSV files in the signal generator. Everything works fine.

Hope this could help to understand that this is really a bug on Picoscope V7.

JoseH

Post by JoseH »

I confirme that using version V7.1.2 of Picoscope does work also for me, if the CSV file is formated the French way. Many thanks to Jlschafer :wink: I Keep this version.

Have a nice day.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Can you post an AWG file that fails to load in in V7.1.9 We have tried replicating here with a French Windows setup and it seems to be working for us.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We have identified the issue and implemented a fix.

This will be available in "PicoScope 7.1.17 Early Access" or later versions of the software which will be available for download soon.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager