ADC24 excel driver

Post your VB and VBA discussions here
robint

ADC24 excel driver

Post by robint »

I have dld the SDK and followed instructions to git hub but AFAIK , while there seems to be an entry for PL1000,PLCM3 there is nothing for my ADC24? Can anyone help here, I would like to stream my data to Excel (2010) so as to process data and draw live bar graph of channels :D

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ADC24 excel driver

Post by Martyn »

You need the picohrdl (Pico High Resolution Data Logger) example from

https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-ms- ... a-examples
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

robint

Post by robint »

I have dld picohrdl_x64.xls and opened in Excel 2010. The sheet doesnt appear to have a macro (View/Macro)
Also the sheet has a block filled with dark blue, obscuring the text (under the green block with the Run button - is that significant?
Pls advise

robint

Post by robint »

Problem solved thanx 10^6 to Martyn's prompt response tips. FWIW here's some tips and trips as I stumbled along the way. (Hopefully Martyn will put up a Sticky Topic for s/w issues like this)

a) I am on W11 but my Excel 2010 is 32bit, so be sure to dl the sdk (mine ADC24) , not the 64bit version.PicoSDK_32_10.7.26.362.exe It instals various files drivers etc silently and thats it - no GUI.
b) Goto the Pico Github site and dl picohrdl.xls (no x64). That should open in XL (plug in the ADC24 usb first, DONT run Picolog 6 at the same time
c) In Excel, you get a red ribbon about protected mode, go in and enable macro and disable protection, before leaving first window enable edit - and you should be good to go.
The Excel window will show the connection status and press Run and after ca 30s you should see 100 rows of data in 3 cols
After that you are in the manic world of VBA and macros - good luck with that what ever floats your boat. :roll:
I also found on this site several tutorial type posts generously donated by @Glovisol in 2015. search.php?author_id=23009&sr=posts. It relates to old 3 ch DrDaq Module, buts theres a lot of relevant info relates to USB to Excel live data display etc (Bless he owns to 83yrs young back then)

robint

Post by robint »

FWIW I noticed many have struggled with the unfriendly code page in VBA
I found this https://notepad-plus-plus.org/ an enhanced txt editor specially for code languages FREE! You can select language "Visual Basic" from tabs, then copy your code from Excel straight into it and voila you code is formatted and coloured as per VB rules - then printout on you handy colour laser or just edit on screen. The presentation is sooo much better than Excel VBA

It helps my eyes as a Noob to VBA 7 :D

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Thumbs up for Notepad++ , it is my go to text editor.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager