PicoScope SDK Mac ARM based drivers

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
briantrulove

PicoScope SDK Mac ARM based drivers

Post by briantrulove »

I'm running the PS 7 Mac software on my Mac with M1 (ARM) based processor and it works fine but when I install the SDK and try to run the Python scripts, the driver seems incompatible.

picosdk.errors.CannotOpenPicoSDKError: PicoSDK (ps2000a) not compatible (check 32 vs 64-bit): dlopen(libps2000a.dylib, 0x0006): tried: 'libps2000a.dylib' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e' or 'arm64'))

Any chance you can publish Mac Arm compatible SDK?

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: PicoScope SDK Mac ARM based drivers

Post by NeilH »

Hi

Currently Arm64 drivers are being developed, if you want to be notified when these get released then you can sign up to our newsletter otherwise watching the website will let you see when they're released.

It is also possible to use Rosetta to run an x86 program on the M1 Macs, if this is an option in the meantime.
Neil
Technical Support Engineer

B_unit

Post by B_unit »

Hello,

I am on a team at Prusa Research.

We just bought a Pico TC-08 for thermal tests. It's quite disappointing that there are no drivers for ARM.

We wanted to set up a test with a Raspberry Pi to stream the data to a database.

Now we need to use a laptop, which is a bit annoying.

We hope you release the ARM driver soon.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

If you use the 32bit version of the Pi then there is a build of PicoLog 6 for this which can be downloaded from https://www.picotech.com/downloads with drivers for the TC08
Martyn
Technical Support Manager