Picolog 6 has it changed with recent updates

Forum for discussing PicoLog
robint

Picolog 6 has it changed with recent updates

Post by robint »

Hi Martyn
Quick query
I noticed recently that my ADC24 with PL6 now displays 16 channels on graph and in spreadsheet data
I thought when I got ADC24 that it could only graph 4 channels at a time. Did I misread the spec?

So presently its pretty amazing value and I am currently fixing up a res divider so I will be able to display +5V on 8 diff channels and use it to monitor a battery string of 8 Lithium cells and also collect the data on a 24hr run for separate offline analysis in Excel(which is what I wanted)

One thing I wondered if possible, whether PL6 could be adapted to display all current channel readings (from the spread sheet display) as a small moveable bargraph popup window. That way I could see at a glance any cell unbalance developing rather than interpreting a list of 5 sig figs (not so easy and tiring BTW).

Is ADC20/24 being sidelined in favour of Picoscope in future, which seems to get 95% of the attention? Maybe PL6 will be rolled into Picoscope? Either way I hope it continues as AFAIK there is nothing like it on the market with that quality 24bit adc!

Cheers
Robin

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picolog 6 has it changed with recent updates

Post by Martyn »

Graphing all channels would have been the default setup, although you can split channels across four different axes, so that may be where you recollection of four came from.

I will feed back your comments about a bar graph display, sounds an interesting idea, but I can't guarantee if or when it would be added to the software.

PicoLog 6 and the ADC20/24 are still current products, with no immediate plans to retire them, so you are good there.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager