Y Axis Rescaling on AC coupled Display

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
royleith

Y Axis Rescaling on AC coupled Display

Post by royleith »

I have been trying to determine the extent of glitches in a 5V logic circuit. Using AC coupling I have been able to use triggering to capture the worst glitches, but I would like to change the Y axis display to add the 5V DC offset to the millivolt level waveform. Is this possible in V7?

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Y Axis Rescaling on AC coupled Display

Post by bennog »

As far as I know you have only a 250mV offset in the mv ranges.

But there are 2 solutions to your problem. They are only working if the GND of your 5V trouble circuit is not connected to the GND of your PC.
Most simple is have a external 5V supply that is stable connect the GND of the 5V supply and the GND of your test circuit to the same GND. And then measure between the +5V of your power supply and the +5V of your DUT.

The other option is use a hardware low pass filter <1Hz at the end of your troubled 5V and measure between input and output of the low pass filter. (This is basically what the AC option does but you have more control over the bandwidth of the filter)

Benno

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Y Axis Rescaling on AC coupled Display

Post by Martyn »

If you just want to have the correct voltage levels shown on the display you can always create a custom probe that adds 5V on
Sacling.png
Martyn
Technical Support Manager