triggered rapid block

Having problems ? let us know the details here
rjn
User
User

triggered rapid block

Post by rjn »

Hi
I saw this topic discussed several times but the answers were quite unclear. Can someone help?
I would like to use Rapid block to save a 6000 samples, 30ns data, at every trigger for 500 triggers. The trigger is external and at 1kHz.
How can I do that?
One solution says to input number of triggers. I do not see that in the 'setsimpletrigger' function. Is that the number of segments?
When I tried the available Rapid block example, it ignores all the triggers except the first and gives me 500 sets of data but they are not synchronous with the trigger i.e., the 500 segments occur in quick succession and I have no idea what drives or triggers each segment?
I did not have the auto-trigger option at 0 but was defaulted to 1sec.
I also noticed that by mistake I had not set up the external trigger and yet I got 500 segments in fraction of a second (I thought it would take 500 s given auto-trigger occurs 1s interval). So what is really happening? Why is a single auto-trigger

rjn
User
User

Re: triggered rapid block

Post by rjn »

Okay, I figured that Rapid block is indeed recording a segment per trigger provided autotrigger is set to 0 and scope is being triggered by a proper channel specified. I had chB configured as trigger and rapid block records a segment per trigger as opposed to recording 'n' specified segments after the first trigger and ignores subsequent triggers