Picolog6 so slow to start up

Forum for discussing PicoLog
robint

Picolog6 so slow to start up

Post by robint »

Ive spent over an hour trying to restart PL6 cos I want to set up a new session with different inputs etc. There is something odd about PL6 hanging onto a previous session and storing its data (even though its been exported and saved). There isnt an obvious way to restart with a clean sheet? Several times PL6 has frozen like a BT device couldnt be found, just a blank screen no help?
I tried "reset dont show again" in settings but it doesnt seem to do anything, no response like "data reset ok" or something?

Do I have to do a "Factory Reset" to get a clean slate? Seems a bit of a last resort drastic measure for a routine operation?

The s/w is like its never been tested by a naive human - just thrown out to the hapless customers to do the Quality Assurance inspection job.

Very disappointing for a promising piece of hardware - was the s/w outsourced to asia and then badly integrated?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Picolog6 so slow to start up

Post by Martyn »

You need to be using the reset button at the top of the window
Resey
Resey
Chose "Reset data" if you wish to keep the same device settings, or chose "Reset configuration" if you want to set all devices from scratch.

There are various pop ups in the application that have a "Don't Show this Again" option and the ""reset dont show again" re activates those pop ups. The Factory Reset option resets all the general set up options back to the factory defaults.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager