5443D with PICO7 frequency data getting C#

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
Michael777

5443D with PICO7 frequency data getting C#

Post by Michael777 »

I am 5443D user and try to develop with c#. I am very beginner PICO. I would like to make 3rd party software with c#. But I can not get frequency data from PICO. I will mapping to our 3rd party software from frequency data. Please inform me how to get this data and also give some example.

Thanks.

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: 5443D with PICO7 frequency data getting C#

Post by bennog »

Michael777

Post by Michael777 »

There are too many signal generator parts but I would like to know import input data for spectrum analyzer trace (waveform). Sorry I am very beginner for this.

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

You will only get waveform data (signal levels of all samples)
you will have to doe the Fourier transformation calculations in your software to generate the spectrum.

At least I think that is what you want to build in C#

Benno

Michael777

Post by Michael777 »

Now we would like to API from your PICO 5000A spectrum sample code upon your exam code to make spectrum graph. But it is not the same as your PICO scope 7 T&M's frequency graph. Can you inform any example?

We don't know basically working well. We input 85kHz source signal but our API spectrum data just flat there is no peak on 85kHz. But your PICO scope 7 T&M exactly 85kHz signal is peak. Please inform me more detailed advice how to do.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

What third party FFT library are you using, our code and examples will only produce time domain data.

In the PicoScope software we make use of the Intel IPP libraries, but there may be others out there that you can use.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

Michael777

Post by Michael777 »

We adapted FFT library successfully. But the data update is delaying around 30 seconds. First data is OK but second data update delaying now. We are using streaming mode thread for real time to API. Can you inform any advice?

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

Ary you using separate threads (1 for reading data from the SDK) and an other for doing the FFT calculations ?

Benno