Missing Edges

Having problems ? let us know the details here
dnoyeb
Active User
Active User

Missing Edges

Post by dnoyeb »

Hi, can you tell me any reason the scope would trigger in the middle of this sequence of edges as opposed to on the first edge? I don't have any special delay added or anything. Most of the time it triggers on the first edge but every 3s-4s it will trigger in the middle for some reason. So the capture is jumpy.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-02 094459.jpg

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Missing Edges

Post by bennog »

This is because the scope has to sample 2 divisions of data before it can trigger.
So after transferring the previous trigger to the pc the scope starts capturing data again, and (in your case) needs to capture at least 2 divisions of data. (otherwise you can not see the 2 divisions of signal in front of your trigger.

Benno

dnoyeb
Active User
Active User

Post by dnoyeb »

If i follow your logic then setting the scope to 0% pre-trigger will eliminate this? Also, setting it to single shot would also eliminate this?

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by bennog »

Depending on when you press start.
If you press start halfway a message then you only get data from half the message.

Probably you can do something with special triggers pulse width, interval or something similar.

If I have time I will rig a test output like your signal and see what trigger fits your need.

P.S. still if the gap between the messages (i guess it is) is short the scope has not enough time to download the view of the data and restart new capture (there is always a gap between captures)

Benno

dnoyeb
Active User
Active User

Post by dnoyeb »

I used a pulse width trigger. That stabilized it. Thanks.