icdevice Problem with SDK in MATLAB

Post your MATLAB discussions here
m_ak47

icdevice Problem with SDK in MATLAB

Post by m_ak47 »

Hello, I am recently trying to use MATLAB to operate a Picoscope, model 5444D MSO. My MATLAB contains instrument control toolbox and I have installed support-toolbox and instrument-driver on MATLAB add-on and added them to MATLAB PATH. In addition, I also installed the Picoscope SDK in C:\Program Files and added it to the MATLAB path.

I am on the newest version of MATLAB and have downloaded all the latest updates. In addition, I have downloaded the latest SDK: PicoSDK_64_10.7.25.290.

I ran the example code in the instrument-driver on MATLAB: PS5000A_ID_Block_2_Scope_Example.m and I got the following error:

Warning: Disconnect: No devices found.
Error using icdevice
An error occurred while executing the driver create code.
There was an error loading the library "ps5000aWrap.dll"
The specified module could not be found.

If the error is not an instrument error, use MIDEDIT to inspect the driver.

Error in PS5000A_ID_Block_2_Scope_Example (line 95)
ps5000aDeviceObj1 = icdevice('picotech_ps5000a_generic.mdd', '');

For some reason this file "ps5000aWrap.dll" isn't in the latest picoscope SDK, so I found it online and added it to the path. Now I get this error:

Warning: Escaped character '\U' is not valid. See 'doc sprintf' for supported special characters.
Warning: Disconnect: No devices found.
Error using icdevice
An error occurred while executing the driver create code.
There was an error loading the library "C:
If the error is not an instrument error, use MIDEDIT to inspect the driver.

Error in PS5000A_ID_Block_2_Scope_Example (line 95)
ps5000aDeviceObj1 = icdevice('picotech_ps5000a_generic.mdd', '');

I am not sure how to proceed from here on. Could you please help me resolve the issue or provide online support?

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: icdevice Problem with SDK in MATLAB

Post by NeilH »

You will need to download the wrapper dlls from here https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-c-wrappers-binaries which should be a part of the instructions in the README, if it isn’t please let me know and I can look into this. Once downloaded these need to be placed onto the the MATLAB path to ensure they’re found by MATLAB.

Additionally it appears as if you are trying to run and example that requires 2 5000 series scopes to be used to run successfully, if you aren’t wanting to run this kind of example or don’t have access to a second scope then running the PS5000A_ID_Block_example.m script would be more suitable and prevent MATLAB from throwing any errors
Neil
Technical Support Engineer