Software PS 7 is slow

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
donald

Software PS 7 is slow

Post by donald »

Hi,
when using 4 analog signals and 16 digital signals, capturing 50 sec, after measurement the displayed data is very slow. Zooming in lasts at least 15 sec to update the display.
When saving the data, closing PS7 and reopening the file, then it is "almost" normal speed, where you can zoom in and out.

Is there any other trick how I can use the software better?

mountjoy

Re: Software PS 7 is slow

Post by mountjoy »

I'm wondering if there is some memory leak in v7.1.2 of the software. I left it running overnight and came back to find my computer (Windows 10) at a standstill with PicoScope using around 4GB of RAM.

Theo_James

Post by Theo_James »

Hi,
I have almost same problem.
Scope I have is 3406D MSO, PC specs:
Win 10 22H2
Core i5-4460
RAM 32 GB
Samsung evo 870 SSD
When I`m using scope with latest version 6 of software, it work fine and relatively quick. However, when I switch to version 7, and attempt to do single capture 4 analog channels for 1 second (especially with turned on software low pass filter), software started to freeze for 15-20 seconds before it shows new results. Sometimes it is even became unresponding and just hang.
I dont thick that problem is in my PC hardware, since version 6 working fine. Maybe I need to install some additional drivers for version 7 works without lags?
Hope some of the devs respond and gave some advise.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Can you make sure that you have a fully up to date O/S, in particular .NET, and that the graphics drivers are the latest available from the graphics chip manufacturer, and not the PC manufacturer.

If this does not improve the performance can you please email support@picotech.com where the team will help to diagnose your specific issues.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager