How to distinguish between a "trigger event" or "auto-trigger timeout" in block mode example in LabVIEW?

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
davidkeng

How to distinguish between a "trigger event" or "auto-trigger timeout" in block mode example in LabVIEW?

Post by davidkeng »

Hi, PicoScope

I'm able to collect data using the LabVIEW example code on My 4 channel 2406B.
PicoScope2000ExampleBlock.vi

So the LabVIEW code works perfectly fine, and I am able to capture data either through "trigger event" or "auto-trigger-timeout".

My question is:
After the data is captured, how can I tell if the data is collected due to the "trigger event" being triggered or simply due to "auto-trigger-timeout"? Which API or VI do I get that information from?

I've looked into PicScope2000aGetBlock VI and more specifically the "ps2000aIsReady" API call, but all it returns is if the scope has collected data (or not), but does not tell me what caused the data to be captured.

Thank you!

davidkeng

Re: How to distinguish between a "trigger event" or "auto-trigger timeout" in block mode example in LabVIEW?

Post by davidkeng »

Any updates on this please?
When trigger event does not occur after some set time, trigger timeout automatically fires and the data is collected; this "auto-trigger timeout" feature is great, but when the data is collected on my Picoccope, how do I tell a "real trigger" OR a "trigger timeout" was responsible for the data collection event? Knowing the specific on the data is critical in my application, since I want to be able to know the actual trigger, and when if the trigger doesn't happen, I want to be able to view the data. So the PicoScope works great as is with the "auto-trigger timeout", but I've poked everywhere in the API, and couldn't find a way to distinguish apart the "trigger" and "timeout" data collection origin.

Hopefully I've framed the question clearly enough. :)