Sampling Mode 2204a

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
Beth

Sampling Mode 2204a

Post by Beth »

Hi!

I have recently started using the 2204A picoscope with C# to develop a data acquisition program for a project I'm working on. Previously, I was collecting data on a regular oscilloscope capturing 125,000 points over a duration of 20ms with a sampling frequency of 3.125MHz, inspecting frequencies up to 20kHz (I understand that the sampling rate I'm using is way above the required level to view these low frequencies.) I was also collecting 32 averages on the scope for each measurement.

I have used block mode so far and noticed that the max number of samples obtained is 1024, which I am assuming is the buffer size limit of the 2204A picoscope?

I wanted to know which sampling mode would be the most appropriate to achieve similar results to what I was capturing previously on an oscilloscope?

Thanks! :D

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Sampling Mode 2204a

Post by bennog »

The scope has only 8kSample memory so for 2 channels you can only capture 4k samples. (at max probably 2k)

A solution would be to use streaming mode (only up to 1M sample / sec) (500k Sample when 2 ch used).
for 20kHz signal that should be no problem and you can keep streaming at 1M sample / sec 24/7 if you like.

Other option is to use a model with more onboard memory (at least 32 M samples)
Or a version with USB3 port so you can stream at a faster rate.

Benno