SOLVED - Possible to trigger on a "flat section" of waveform?

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
PhilV

SOLVED - Possible to trigger on a "flat section" of waveform?

Post by PhilV »

I have the following regular sloped waveform:
Sloped Waveform
Sloped Waveform

Whilst it should be a regular slope it can be seen that there are 'glitches' where there are flat-spots.
Is there anyway for me to trigger on these flat-spots?
I had thought of using the "level dropout" advanced trigger, as largely it describes what I want to do:

From https://www.picotech.com/library/oscill ... ggers#leve :
This trigger detects an edge followed by a specified time with no edges. This is useful for triggering on the end of a pulse train. This image shows the end of a pulse train in which edges normally occur every 2.5 µs. The dropout trigger has detected that no edges have occurred within 4 µs.
However for this trigger you have to specify a crossing threshold, and as can be seen the flat-spot can occur at any point on the slope.
Is there any trigger that would represent "signal level does not adjust by more than x amount in y time"?
Last edited by PhilV on Tue May 16, 2023 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS: 7.1.21.18179
Scope: 3405B

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible to trigger on a "flat section" of waveform?

Post by Martyn »

If you consider the triangle as a pulse you coukd use a Windows Pulse Width trigger with the condition greater than the noirmal value as the flat spots will extend this time.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

PhilV

Re: Possible to trigger on a "flat section" of waveform?

Post by PhilV »

Many thanks Martyn.
In a similar manner I had thought to use the "Interval" trigger to detect the "greater than" slope duration, but hadn't quite understood the trigger setup, (an oversight by me, I hadn't allowed enough pre-trigger time, so although it was triggering I couldn't see it on my trace :roll: )
I am now successfully triggering on each occurrence, many thanks for your help!
PS: 7.1.21.18179
Scope: 3405B