Driver/OS issues

Having problems ? let us know the details here
davidaurora
User
User

Driver/OS issues

Post by davidaurora »

Just trying to work out whether to waste any more time on the Picoscope I just bought or simply return it and try another brand.

I grabbed a 2205A today that I planned on using solely for digitising the display of a Tektronix 576. Installed the Picoscope software on my MacBook using both the OSX version and the Windows version under Parallels.

Scope shows up just fine in OSX, but the Picoscope OSX software is clearly only half finished and one of the many missing features is apparently the XY mode. So no go there.

Switched to Windows, the Picoscope software works OK in demo mode and will do what I need perfectly, but I cannot get Windows to play with the 2205A. It just shows up as unknown device, and is not recognised by Picoscope. I've reinstalled/removed device, tried different ports etc, tried compatibility modes, nothing works.

Anyone got any tips or is this just the way they are? I see lots of reports of similar issues but no fixes

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Driver/OS issues

Post by Martyn »

Can you let me know which version of PicoScope software you are using on your Mac, and which version you are using under parallels?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager