Sample rate freezes software

Post any questions related to the new PicoScope 7 software
Matt Tretheway

Sample rate freezes software

Post by Matt Tretheway »

Hi there, I am a new Pico user and have purchased a 4425a Standard kit.

I am trying to do a relative compression test using the guided test and when I turn the samples per division up to 2s or 5s per division to get a good amount of information on the screen the waveform disappears completely and I can't get it back without restarting the entire program. If I stop the recording and try to restart it again, the button toggles to running then instantly back to stopped. I have tried the same thing on Pico 6 and it works fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers
Matt

JonasA

Re: Sample rate freezes software

Post by JonasA »

Hi
I have a 4824A and have been using PicoScope_7.0.75.8573. Now after summer I updated to PicoScope_7.0.78-8921 and the same happened to me. It was like when I just changed something with one click for example on the trigger level everything froze. I installed PicoScope_7.0.75.8573 and it worked again.

postman23

Post by postman23 »

Having the same problem, just downloaded the latest version and now the program locks up if I change the timebase. Have to completely close the program and restart. So far it's not even close to Pico 6. NOT HAPPY!!!!

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We have released an updated version, PicoScope 7.0.79, hopefully this isssue has been fixed but if not please can you supply the trace.xml file and the steps to reproduce the issue.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

kisielk

Post by kisielk »

Thanks Martyn,

I tried the new version today and the issue does appear to be fixed