Software Help

Having problems ? let us know the details here
namco

Software Help

Post by namco »

So I bought a photodiode and connected it to my new picoscope.... The idea of use is to measure the response time of my monitors pixels. So for example, the screen will be displaying full black, and then I switch to full white. The "chart" I want to see should show the change in voltage given from lowest to max. So for example, at full black I get a reading of 0. And then when full white I get 132mv.... so its reading the change. But I want to see the rise data saved.

https://tftcentral.co.uk/articles/response_time

I note this link, where the person testing has oscillograms showing the rise/fall in changes. I want to get the pico software to do the same. How do I set this up? I simply want to start to "record" and then click over to my window to change from black to white, then click back on the pico software to stop. Then seeing those final images that show the response time. That way I can start to measure the pixel response of the monitor.... any and all help is appreciated.

I also posted on the TFT forums but I think that website is pretty much not very active with people who are "in the know" so I am left out trying to figure this out which I am still a novice to all this stuff.

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Software Help

Post by bennog »

You can set a trigger on the voltage is above 50mv.

then you wil only see the change you want.

Benno