Picoscope Channels and probes settings.

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
User
User

Picoscope Channels and probes settings.

Post by 1610769038 »

Hello,
Is there a way to program picoscope script so that i can observe signals from a current probe and adjust probe settings? So far i can observe voltage signals but not current.

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: Picoscope Channels and probes settings.

Post by NeilH »

Hi

In PicoScope 6 you can set the probe scaling to translate the voltage values the scope measures into whatever the probe is measuring. This can be found in the channel menu by clicking on the channel then selecting the Probe you wish to scale either from the drop down menu or by pressing the three dots button to input a new probe if the scaling doesn't exist.
Neil
Technical Support Engineer

User
User

Post by 1610769038 »

Hi Neil,

But can these probe adjustments be done in picoscope MATLAB script because i have created a matlab app for my picoscope 5000 series and i want to be able to observe the measurement of the current probe with in the script. So my question is with in the matlab script, can i be able to select probe type (ie current or voltage probes). so far in the matlab script i can only only adjust channel settings but not probe settings. The programmers guide doesn't have such information.

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Post by NeilH »

The probe scaling in PicoScope 6 are a post processing software feature which can be replicated in MATLAB by using the scaling factor of the probe and multiplying the measured voltage by that scaling to get what the probe sees. This is all done after the data is collected from the scope rather than on the scope itself.
Neil
Technical Support Engineer

User
User

Post by 1610769038 »

Solved. Thanks.