Linker can't find ps5000aSetAutoTriggerMicroSeconds

Post your C and C++ discussions here
jacasey

Linker can't find ps5000aSetAutoTriggerMicroSeconds

Post by jacasey »

I am using your SDK, 32 bit, with the ps5000a library. It is excellent, I have been working with this for awhile, and have a quite complex system already working well. It is an embedded scope buried within a test fixture, multiplexing among many channels, acquiring, and archiving data.

I am trying to add functionality -- instead of callback, I am polling for completed acquisition. Sometimes I use the "simple trigger" call to setup, sometimes I have to use the full complex trigger setup so that I can trigger off one of the MSO digital lines. No problem, all works well.

Now I am trying to add a timeout, so that if the unit-under-test performs incorrectly and the correct signal doesn't appear, it will timeout. I could do this in the polling loop if you had a "goose trigger" function, but you have an auto-timeout that should work fine. I can do this in the simple trigger with ms resolution, as it is in the normal calling parameters. For the complex triggering, I have to use the "ps5000aSetAutoTriggerMicroSeconds" call. Here is the problem....my linker says that doesn't exist in the library. Can you check and see if it got omitted or misspelled? It is in the "...\SDK\inc\ps5000aApi.h" file, and spelled correctly....is it actually in the lib and dll?

Thanks! Jeff Casey

jacasey

Re: Linker can't find ps5000aSetAutoTriggerMicroSeconds

Post by jacasey »

After several days, the Pico Help desk replied and said that they had inadvertently left this off of the 32 bit library, although it is in the 64 bit library. They did not say that they were going to fix this, although I hope that they eventually will.

Meanwhile, I found a workaround. Since a couple dozen people have looked at this message, there might be somebody out there that appreciates this. You can set a timeout (for reversion to auto-trigger), albeit with only msec accuracy, using the ps5000aSetSimpleTrigger call. It is the last argument in the call. By experimenting, I found that once set this way, the value sticks. So, if you need to use the more complex triggering and want an autotrigger timeout, you can first call the simple trigger call, followed by the complex trigger call. Good luck.