I'd like to see a recorder feature.

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Ben321
User
User

I'd like to see a recorder feature.

Post by Ben321 »

I'd like a recorder feature in a future version Picoscope, where the sample rate and total number of samples (or alternatively total recording time in seconds) to record, could be specified, and then it records that many samples to a raw file (with or without a WAV file header that includes the sample rate used to record). It would ignore trigger and just record that many samples when manually activated by clicking a button. It should allow manual setting of the sample rate in this mode (not be locked in to the maximum sample rate normally allowed by Picoscope 6, or even above the maximum spec officially stated by the scope's documentation, when possible). I know for a fact that the maximum sample rate possible on the 2204A scope is actually 6.25 million samples per second (it was mentioned elsewhere on this forum in the past), though it will likely drop some samples at this frame rate.

This would allow recording a signal for later analysis by other software.

bennog
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: I'd like to see a recorder feature.

Post by bennog »

You can do this with the SDK and you can dit it with a higher sample rate than the PS6 software will let you do.

Benno