Time measurement between two channels

Having problems ? let us know the details here
tstengron

Time measurement between two channels

Post by tstengron »

I am wanting to capture a dynamic time measurement between two different channels (B & C) while gathering statistical data on the time measurement. On channel B, I want to be able to trigger (start measurement) on the leading edge of the signal (0V to 20V signal) at a threshold of 0.250V. I now want a time measurement from this first point to the leading edge of Channel C (0V to 20V signal) at a threshold of 0.250V. I see how to use rulers and take a "static" measurement, but I want to select the measurement points/thresholds, measure dynamically, and also capture data so that the scope can perform a statistical analysis (min, max, average, and standard deviation).

How do I go about doing this on the 3604 MSO Pico Scope? Now if I cannot do it on that scope, can it be performed on the 6402C Pico Scope?

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Time measurement between two channels

Post by Martyn »

The way to get inter channel measurements is to use the Deep Measurement feature, available in the latest versions of the PicoScope 6 software 6.13 and later.

Set up you trigger event on Channel B, and the use Measurements->DeepMeasure and create a DeepMeasure for Channels C, all the timings in the table will be related to 0 which is the trigger point on Channel B. The measurement of interest is at the far right hand side of the table "Start Time", you can use View->Fields to hide all the cycle measurements you don't need.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager