Pico ps3406D Streaming to PC

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
paul9156

Pico ps3406D Streaming to PC

Post by paul9156 »

I have a project to stream data at 5MS/s for two channels, max number of samples = 50 x 10^6, the timebase is 1 sec/div. The total time period I need to log the data is 5minutes or 300 seconds. I have had a look at the API examples but the Streaming example suggests that the maximum amount of data to be processed or sent to the PC is limited to 100MS. So this only gives approx 2 S of recording. The other application uses block mode, this may be suitable, however, this has the potential to loose data between the blocks.
The other issue I have is using the ps3000ACS example does not appear to find the pico scope attached to the PC . The PC is Dell i7 , hyperthreaded Quad core with 8G of RAM and sufficent HD space, I am using USB3. Compiled the ps3000ACSconsole # project using Visual studio 17 with the Pico SDK.

Any help or suggestions appriciated

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pico ps3406D Streaming to PC

Post by Martyn »

The SDK examples can be modified to stream indefinitely so you should be able to achieve your requirements.

The 3406D is an A series device so you need the ps3000a examples, but make sure that PicoScope 6 is closed otherwise the example won't find the device.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager