Test and Measurement Forum


Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes


Postby Marcel » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:59 pm


I hope, you can help me.
I use an PS 5204 with an current clamb.
But the cable of clamb is to short.
So I must use a double-shielded extension.
Which cable-specification I must use?
BNC - Cable with RG 58 or with RG 214 specification? :?
Active User
Active User
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:14 pm
Location: TACR Berlin GmbH, Germany

Postby PeterF » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:56 am

The type of cable to use has little effect as long as it is co-axial (screened) and makes a good connection to the BNC connectors. You can use any BNC Male to Female extension lead or a Male to Male lead & coupler. The signal is not high frequency but it is of low amplitude so a screned lead is necessary to reduce noise pick-up.
Advanced User
Advanced User
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:53 am
Location: Cambridgeshire

Return to USB PC Oscilloscopes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests