Problem with Pithon PicoScope 6403A Interface for Ubuntu

Post your Linux discussions here
ishoro13

Problem with Pithon PicoScope 6403A Interface for Ubuntu

Post by ishoro13 »

PicoScope: 6403A
PicoScope Interface: Python

Currently done:
1. Insalteded Linux Drivers for Your USB Pico Products from https://www.picotech.com/downloads/linux
2. Downloaded PicoScope Python Interface from https://github.com/colinoflynn/pico-python

I have read the following sentence few times, and still can't figure out where I should "add my login account to the pico group in order to access the USB". And what should be the in the code

Code: Select all

useradd -G pico 
, I have tried: Ubuntu user name; GitHub user name; picotech user name and PicoScope serian number.
Once you have PicoScope running you need to add your login account to the pico group in order to access the USB. The examples will crash if you don't have permission to use the USB. This is true for use of the shared libraries in general, even if you're not using pico-python.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Pithon PicoScope 6403A Interface for Ubuntu

Post by Martyn »

This is a standard Ubuntu command, so it needs to be the username you are logged into your system with.

Once added check the test script to see what it reports.

Admin: I have deleted you other pending posts, as this looked to be the most complete. Please note we have an approval process for new members, so posts do not appear immediately, instead they join a moderation queue.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

ishoro13

Re: Problem with Pithon PicoScope 6403A Interface for Ubuntu

Post by ishoro13 »

Hello Martyn,
Thank you for your response and deleting the other messages.
Everything is working now.

Note for new users, once you installed the PicoScope don't forget to restart your PC.