Test and Measurement Forum

labview and picospcope 3206

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here

labview and picospcope 3206

Postby aldo minardo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:38 am

I'm trying to use the P3000.vi, for the control of my Picoscope 3206.
How can I save the acquired waveform in a file via Labview? How can I use the average mode via Labview (as I do via Picoscope)?

I should write a program where the Picoscope takes a fixed number of acquisitions, makes the average of all these waveforms and then saves the result in a file. Is it possible to do that?
I'd really appreciate your support!
Thank you very much
Aldo
aldo minardo

Re: labview and picospcope 3206

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:07 pm

Hi,
I have writen a programm for my picoscope with Labview so i think it's possible. There is a sub-vi permitting to record data. You can use the curve's data and send it in the vi "write to spreadsheet" (in "file I/O").
For the average mode, I put waveform data in a 2 dimensions array and when I have many waveforms, I do the average by rows. I don't know if there is less difficult.
So, for your application, you just have to put a "for" structure, then you do the average and to finish, you save with the "write to spreadsheet" vi.
If it not clear, I can't try to explain again....
Bye
Caro

picoscope

Postby aldominardo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:07 am

Thank you very much for your reply.

Actually, I preferred to use Matlab, because it's easier for me to do loops and stuff like that. I used the Matlab functions "loadlibrary" and "calllib" in order to call the methods included in the picoscope3000.dll library.

Bye!
Aldo
aldominardo

Return to General Software Discussions