Intro and a question

Come here to introduce yourself, who you are, and what you do
Newtonez

Intro and a question

Post by Newtonez »

Hello,
I'm Newton E. [Newt] Ball. I'm an 84 year old engineer, and inventor. Among my specialties are energy conversion, and switching power circuits. I am in the act of checking out a new circuit at [SSL] Space Sciences Lab, UC Berkeley. The circuit drives the grid of the Faraday cup experiment, on the Solar Probe Plus mission to the sun. The circuit is a video amplifier with 10KV p-p output swing.

SSL has just bought me a PicoScope 3000. It was very easy for me to start using it. My question is: Have there been any X vs Y presentations of data on Pico scopes? and, if so, how can I learn about them?

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Intro and a question

Post by alan »

Hi & Welcome!

A 10kV video amp sounds impressive, if a little scary!

PicoScope has a XY mode, quick way of getting it is to enable 2 channels, right click "Add view" and select XY. If thats not what you are after then just let us know.

Newtonez

Re: Intro and a question

Post by Newtonez »

Thanks for the quick answer, Alan,
I just tried it and it works fine. I measured the self resonant frequency of a bank of six transformers, as zero phase shift point, where the Lissajous pattern is a straight line.
I was going to ask how I should have known, but I found the users manual under Help.
Thanks again - Newtonez