Convert .psdata files to .bin files

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
Sergey

Convert .psdata files to .bin files

Post by Sergey »

Hello,
I have a PicoScope 4225 and it has really big features inside.
I am currently experiencing difficulties working with *.psdata recorded files, because manually converting them into Mathlab format is inconvenient and time-consuming. So, my questions are as follows:

1) Is it possible to convert the file *.psdata in other formats, without GUI (for example, the command line through the console application)?

2) Is it possible to convert the file *.psdata in other open binary formats except Mathlab (because Mathlab not freeware), for example in a simple *.bin file?

Regards,
Sergey

Hitesh

Re: Convert .psdata files to .bin files

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sergey,

You can use a Command Prompt window on a Windows platform where the PicoScope software is installed in order to convert psdata files to other supported file formats e.g.

Code: Select all

picoscope /c *.psdata /f mat /b all
should convert all psdata files in a directory to mat file format, exporting all waveforms in a file.

This information is also available in the PicoScope 6 User's Guide accessible via the Help menu - please search for 'convert'.

If you are using the standard PicoScope 6.12 or PicoScope Automotive 6.12 Beta software, then you can export to csv and txt format without a limit on the number of samples but this could result in large files.

We currently export to .mat v4 format as this is an open binary format. You might be able to open the files using another third party application that can open .mat files.

Regards,

Sergey

Post by Sergey »

Thank you for the information. In Chapter 9.8 of the User's Guide everything has been thoroughly described.
I still have a question:
In manual I found commands for Windows. Are these commands supported for Mac/Linux?

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sergey,

At the present moment, the commands are not supported for Linux/Mac versions. It may appear in the future.

Regards,