Cannot copy from PLW Spreadsheet

Forum for discussing PicoLog
kennaylor

Cannot copy from PLW Spreadsheet

Post by kennaylor »

I am using Picolog with a USB TC-08. The problem I have is on the PLW Spreadsheet. I have selected all of the data and pressed the copy to clipboard button but nothing happens. Subsequent paste to Excel, Word or Notepad pastes nothing.
I have successfully copied and pasted from PLW Graph to Word. I am using windows 7 (64-bit), MS office Professional Plus 2013.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot copy from PLW Spreadsheet

Post by Martyn »

Can you try opening PicoLog by right clicking and "Run as administrator" and trying again, there can sometimes be an issue with the Windows ClipBoard and User Account permissions.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

asfarley

Post by asfarley »

Just wanted to chime in here - I don't think this issue should be dismissed with a workaround. Copy/paste functionality doesn't require Administrator permissions for any other Windows application that I've used. I don't think there's anything wrong with the Windows clipboard either. The PicoLogger application is probably mis-using the Windows API in some way.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Windows changed some rules with regards to what privileges were required to access the ClipBoard when moving to the more recent operating systems. As we are releasing a new version of PicoLog this will not be addressed in this version.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager