Math Function Filter, Syntax Error

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
Juergen

Math Function Filter, Syntax Error

Post by Juergen »

Hello,

I am using PicoScope 6.11.12.1692 in a German Language Installation.

I have tried to use the Math Channel function LowPass Filter, but when I set it up e.g. LowPass(A,100)
Filter.png
like it is shown
in the documentation, I get a Message Syntax Error and the Next Button is greyed out.

So what I am doing wrong?

Hitesh

Re: Math Function Filter, Syntax Error

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Juergen,

The software is indicating an error as the comma separator is used as a decimal separator by your regional settings.

Try using a semi-colon ';' in place of the comma.

Hope this helps,

Viech1973

Post by Viech1973 »

Hi,

I have the same configuration (German Windows), this trick has helped me in the past.

I just installed PicoScope 6.12.5.2458, and it does not work any more.

Both

LowPass(A,100)
and
LowPass(A;100)

give an "Invalid Formula" error.

I tried switching PicoScope to English, this did also not work.

Any tips?

Thank you
.thomas

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Thomas,

What regional language settings are you using in Windows?

Regards,

MikeHE

Post by MikeHE »

Hello,
i have the same problem.
PicoScope Version: 6.12.5.2630 German running on Win 7 Pro 64Bit German.
All regional and langauge settings are "german".
The decimal separator at the regional settings is ","
LowPass(A,100), LowPass(A;100), LowPass(A.100), LowPass(A 100) ist not working.... :-(
Any tips?

Thanks Mike

hin

Post by hin »

Hello,

at first, switched from a Velleman USB oscilloscope to a 2204A, which is a different class ! Great SW, great handling, really a replacement for a 5k€+ digital oscilloscope !
But also stumbled over above issue, cannot activate any filter, which is a shame. Signal filtering is an important tool, so please help.

Many thanks and best regards
Gerhard

MemorX

Post by MemorX »

I was also struggeling with this issue, using:
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 Bit, English
PicoScope 6.12.7.2687 English

As long as my reginal settings (format) were set to my preference (Norwegian, Bokmål) the filter i get the "invalid formula" error. Restarting PicoScope with the format changed to English (United States) or English (United Kingdom) "LowPass(C,100)" is accpted, but the "," is changed to a ";" automatically when finishing the dialog.

Setting the format back to Norwegian, Bokmål, then changing the Decimal symbol in "Additional settings" from "," to "." solved the issue. The "," is still changed to a ";" automatically when finishing the dialog.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The development team are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. This will appear in a future release of the software.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

hg_from_g

Post by hg_from_g »

Dear forum,

math filter still doesn't work neither in PicoScope 6.12.9 nor in PicoScope 6.13.0 beta :-(. I bought this scope because you promoted it on datasheet !!! Now I see since more than 15 months nobody can use it on every scope. Is that really true?
Manual PicoScope 3000 series: promoted math filters
Manual PicoScope 3000 series: promoted math filters
What's the last version of PicoScope it works and where i can download? When do you fix it???

hg

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

Please email support@picotech.com giving details of your setup and the team will be able to advise the correct option.
Martyn

den

Post by den »

Stumbled across this issue in the current 6.12.9 and 6.13.1 beta in demo mode as i am evaluating it for a purchase.

My Windows 7 Settings are German (Decimal char: ",", Grouping ".", List separator ";", same in the tab for currency). As many Office products heavily rely on those settings, i do not want to change those, although some versions allow deviation from the system setting. I tried both PicoScope settings for German and English, no change there.

I understand that such settings can be quite far reaching into things like CSV import and export or practically any value displayed, but e.g. there are so many variations for csv in the wild (the "text to columns" feature of spreadsheet applications gives quite some insight), that it might make sense to configure them separately per application.

Being unable to use any function in the maths channel creation that takes more than one argument is quite a setback for this otherwise good product.

P.S.: found this topic from 2014/2016 but it seems the solution is missing again in the versions i tested.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

We are aware of this issue, so hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Martyn

k1h

Post by k1h »

Another two month passed :o ...

Was testing the 6.13.2.3439 beta in Demo mode on Win7. Great software so far. Then ran into this same bug. This small issue is a bit of a killer. If the formula interpretation is not in a third party lib it should be fixed in 30min. Maybe it helps to add a button for the field separator.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

It is a combination of issues, with implications beyond just the math channels, and as such is not proving easy to resolve.

Be assured we are working on it.
Martyn