File format of .PSDATA file

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
sagarshinde

File format of .PSDATA file

Post by sagarshinde »

Hello,

I have Picoscope 4225. I am using its LabVIEW drivers and I am able to read its data in LabVIEW. I need to save this data/waveform in such format that it can be imported in Picoscope 6 as well. I think Picoscope 6 only supports .psdata file format(propriety of PicoScope). The intention is to have both way compatibility of data file(data logged in file using Picoscope 6 should be able to read in LabVIEW and data logged in LabVIEW should be able to read in Picoscope 6.)

Initially, I decided to use 'save as' function in Picoscope 6 and export data in text format. This file I was able to read in LabVIEW. I created similar file using LabVIEW and tried to open it in Picoscope 6, but it says that file is corrupted or damaged. Assuming Picoscope 6 supports only .psdata format, I am left with only option of logging data in .psdata format from LabVIEW, for which I would like to know file format of it.
Any help/thought on this is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sagar

Hitesh

Re: File format of .PSDATA file

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sagar,

Unfortunately, the psdata file format is proprietary so we are unable to provide this information to you.

What is the reason for wanting to be able to load data in both LabVIEW and PicoScope 6?

The only option would be to capture the data in PicoScope 6 and then export it csv, txt or mat format to load into LabVIEW.

Regards,

sagarshinde

Post by sagarshinde »

What is the reason for wanting to be able to load data in both LabVIEW and PicoScope 6?

I am developing an application in LabVIEW which is acquiring data using Picoscope. For that I am using LabVIEW drivers provided by Picoscope. I want to save this acquired data using LabVIEW in file. I would like to read the same file in PicoScope 6.

The intention for doing this is, file saved using LabVIEW application should be readable on any computer where LabVIEW executable or run time engine is not present and where drivers of PicoScope are already installed. The reverse for it must also hold true(File acquired using Picoscope and read using LabVIEW application)

Also I want to use common file format, i.e., don't want to use different file formats in each case.

Is there any alternative option?

Thanks,
Sagar

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sagar,

Thanks for the clarification.

You could output to csv or text file from both PicoScope 6 and your LabVIEW application and then view the data in LabVIEW or another third party application.

Regards,

sagarshinde

Post by sagarshinde »

Hello Hitesh,

I can output data to .csv or text file from PicoScope 6 and read it in LabVIEW. If I log data in similar format(text or .csv) from LabVIEW then I am unable to read it in 'PicoScope 6' and it says that file is in corrupt format.

Also, I can't read data from text or csv file in PicoScope 6, which has been created by PicoScope 6 itself.I receive same message, 'corrupt format'.

I would like to have common format which can be used to log data from Picoscope as well as from LabVIEW. Also, file logged by any 1 application should be readable in other application.
As there is nothing we can do about this on PicoScope side, I wanted to know file format of .psdata so that I can log data in same format from LabVIEW and I will also develop a code to read .psdata file in LabVIEW if its file format is known.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sagar

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Sagar,

Unfortunately, you can only load .psdata files into PicoScope 6 (or load a .pssettings file for settings) and the format is proprietary so we are unable to provide you with this information.

Your only option would be to export to csv or txt from both PicoScope 6 or LabVIEW and then view the data in LabVIEW or another third party application.

Regards,