Windows Vista Support

Post any questions about our parallel port products
richardsm

Windows Vista Support

Post by richardsm »

We are trying to get our software updated to work with VIsta, we have a full version of Windows Vista installed.

Is Pico going to support Vista, as far as the Drdaq is concerned?

Any help would be grealty appreciated?

Rich

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Rich,

THank you for your question and a very good one it is too.

Windows Vista presents many issues to software and hardware developers. for instance, Driver support can only be issued with Windows logo tested support.

Rest assured we will be supporting Vista.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

cmk1701

T-08 USB - Vista drivers?

Post by cmk1701 »

In wich timeframe do you intend to have Software and Dirvers supporting Windows Vista?

Best Regards
Christian

Keith Saxon
User
User

Post by Keith Saxon »

Hi,

Is this a reference to the requirement for digitally-signed drivers? I thought that this was only a requirement of Vista 64 bit builds. I currently have a fully working PicoLog that I use with a USB TC-08.

I couldn't install using the download software as the installer bombed out then rolled back, but after installing from the CD (an older version) everything works fine!

ttfn
a computer once beat me at scrabble. however, i got my own back at kickboxing.

alan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by alan »

To quote from the following page
http://www.picotech.com/support.html

Using Pico Products With Windows Vista
Existing software for the majority of products will work with Windows Vista as long as the user is logged in as an Administrator. Exceptions include Enviromon and PicoScope 3223, 3224, 3423 and 3424. Help files are not compatible.

In the next software release in March all products will be compatible including PicoLog and PicoScope help files. Not compatible will be the Enviromon help files and product specific help files which will be updated in subsequent releases.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Keith

The rollback issue could be related to a bug that we know about. This is something we have fixed for the next release due in March.

Best Regards