Serial decoding on reference waveforms

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
420Schorsch

Serial decoding on reference waveforms

Post by 420Schorsch »

Hi, I'm new to the picoscope world but so far I'm having a blast with my 3203D :D
One question: Is there a possibility to use a stored reference waveform in serial decoding?
The reason I'm asking is I have a bit of a crappy board with smd components so I can't really attach 2 probes to capture a clock and data signal at the same time, so I figured it would be neat if I could simply capture them one after another and decode the reference waveforms, but it seems there is no way to do that currently.
One potential problem I can think of is that I may have to line up the waveforms or at least the trigger to use one wave as a clock signal and the other as data line, but I figure that'd be doable...

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Serial decoding on reference waveforms

Post by Martyn »

There may be a way to do this, although I haven't fully tested it as I don't currently have access to any signals, but here we go :-

- Capture your clock
- Create a reference waveform from this clock signal
- Create a maths channel from the reference waveform

you can now use the maths channel as the clock signal in the serial decode.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

420Schorsch

Re: Serial decoding on reference waveforms

Post by 420Schorsch »

Hi Martyn
Thanks for the answer. That seems to work fine! I have yet to test it with actual data (as I managed to slightly fry my DUT :oops: ) but I could use a math channel from a reference waveform to do serial decoding on :)