Re-arming trigger in Streaming mode?

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
bluecmd

Re-arming trigger in Streaming mode?

Post by bluecmd »

Hi,

So far when playing with the SDK for my 3206D I seem to be able to get the very first streaming callback with "Triggered = 1", but subsequent calls seem to always have "Triggered = 0". If I look at the data, the trigger should have triggered in a lot of subsequent places as well.

I'm decoding video frames and my goal is to stream the data in and trigger on the sync pulses in the beginning of a frame. Ideally I would like to re-arm the trigger every time it has fired so I can start rendering the new frame.

Am I missing something or is this not possible in streaming mode? Would rapid block be a better fit for this kind of continuous streaming decoding?

If you want to see the code it's available at https://github.com/bluecmd/picoscope-composite.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re-arming trigger in Streaming mode?

Post by Martyn »

It is not possible to rearm the trigger circuitry in the scope whilst it is collecting data, therefore for a streaming capture you will only get one trigger event.

Rapid block is a better method to collect multiple frames with a minimum rearm time between captures, you would then be able to collect a block of data in response to a sync pulse. The scope has plenty of memory to collect multiple buyers to analyse after collection has stopped. Please note it would not be possible to view any data until the complete collection has finished.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager