Serial Decoding Redux

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
mike603

Serial Decoding Redux

Post by mike603 »

I would like to add my vote to bringing back the serial decode frame trigger (for both start of frame and end of frame). This would allow the setting or a byte or series of bytes to start and stop the trigger for serial decode.

As an expansion of the above idea, have real time decoding enabled until the starting trigger is found and then switch to off line decoding for faster sampling.

In addition, one other suggestion. This might be application to the forthcoming custom decode. When capturing UART/RS-232 data the data stream is usually a bi directional "command/response" kind of communications.

In order to capture both the transmit and the receive you need to create 2 serial decoders. However, doing this, makes it difficult to determine the timing between command and response. If the Tx and Rx could be displayed in the same decoder window it would make seeing these timings easier.

Maybe this would be an option in the new serial custom decoder.

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Serial Decoding Redux

Post by Martyn »

Thank you for the suggestions, I will pass your requests to the development team.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

IDA

Re: Serial Decoding Redux

Post by IDA »

Can I add my vote to this.

My work around to is to open the tx & rx data sets in excel move the rx data right 1 column. Copy the rx data below the tx data. Sort the data by "buffer number" & "start time"

This works but is a little time consuming.