ADC11/12 VB driver

Post your VB and VBA discussions here
darmanci

ADC11/12 VB driver

Post by darmanci »

Dear all, probably the problem I write has already been resolved.
The sample program adc1132.vbp or the related dll (ADC1132.dll)
given with the ADC11/12 unit (USB) seems to have problems.
I cannot start the unit. The system doesn not find any device.
I changed the unit also to be sure about HW problems.
At the same time I did not find any new version on the PICO site.
Could somebody help me about that?

Many thanks, Dario

AndyB
User
User

Post by AndyB »

The VB code example is buggy - even in the latest software pack. You need to modify the following lines in Open_Click to use the USB device

port = 101
product = 111

The above is for USB ADC11 modify to suit your unit - definitions for others are in the ADC help file.

The program also needs two more lines adding to the bas file

Declare Sub adc11_run Lib "ADC1132.dll" (ByVal number_of_values As Long, method As Integer)
Declare Function adc11_ready Lib "ADC1132.dll" () As Integer

These are the best approximation I have found for VB6 and keeps the type declerations styles op the demo - using VB2005 you can match the types exactly to the C examples.

I found that SLOW collection returns gibberish results- FAST seems to collect the correct values ... but.... the driver seems very unstable - see my other threads.

AndyB
User
User

Post by AndyB »

To close this thread..
A new driver is available from Pico USBADC11.dll that seems to fix most low level driver issues with the USB version of ADC11. The driver is installed by the latest version of the software pack but it is undocumented. An example prog is available from Pico.

Ajay
User
User

Post by Ajay »

I am also having problems with the example VB program in release 5.15.6 with an ADC 11/12 USB. I have made the changes AndyB suggested, product = 111, and port=101. Add those two lines to the module file. When I click open the program just hangs. nothing happens. I tired it wihtout the ADC11/12 plugged in, and it came up with hardware not found error so I lead to believe that 101 is the correct port. Please Help.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Ajay

Have you tried the USB ADC-11 example? There is a specific one written in Excel which uses the new driver and new function calls.

Best Regards