XP Pro in Intel Mac

Which product is right for your exact requirements
rogerd
Active User
Active User

XP Pro in Intel Mac

Post by rogerd »

I would like to use a Pico parallel to USB converter with a ADC 212.

My question is will this work with an Intel Mac that is running XP Pro. Apple has supplied the low level drivers with boot camp so that XP Pro recognizes a device like a USB Zip drive.

I would also be interested in the possibility of using with this system a digitizer like the 3424 which does not require a USB converter.

I am reluctant to purchase without some indication that either of the above might work. Has anyone at Pico tried this sort of thing, or have you heard of anyone who has done this?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Wa have not tested this. As it is not a standard Windows installation, we cannot support this either.

All I can offer is guidance and limited answers.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

rogerd
Active User
Active User

XP Pro in Intel Mac

Post by rogerd »

If I bought a 3424 Picoscope for use with an Intel Mac running XP and it was not compatible, could it be returned?

You should be interested in the possibility of Picoscopes on Intel Macs since there are probably more Macs in science labs than PCs.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Roger,

We provide the relevant information regarding PC and operating system requirements for our products. If you want to evaluate a unit for a specific application, we need to discuss this.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss this further.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

gerickson
User
User

Post by gerickson »

The PicoTech software and hardware works flawlessly with Intel-based Macs so long as you are running Windows XP on top of the hardware directly using Apple's Boot Camp 1.1.2 (or, eventually, Leopard). See the following thread: However, I have been unable to get the configuration to work when running Windows XP SP2 against any color of Paralllels at present (though it may eventually work through effort on Parallel's or PicoTech's part).