SDK for 2406B?

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
chansen

SDK for 2406B?

Post by chansen »

Hi,

We've recently purchased a 2406B scope, with the intention of using the SDK to perform automated measurements in a test fixture.

As I set out to implement the automation, I noticed that the 2406B is not mentioned in the SDK documentation, nor does the SDK appear in the list of downloads for the 2406B on the picotech website.

So my question is, is the 2406B supported by the SDK, and if so, should we use the PS2000 or the PS2000A library to interface with it?

Cheers,
Carsten

Hitesh

Re: SDK for 2406B?

Post by Hitesh »

Hello Carsten,

The PicoScope 2406B uses the API functions provided by the ps2000a driver. The Programmer's Guide has been updated to reflect this.

The current SDK available for download from our website has not been updated as yet as we are looking into a better way of making examples available in order to keep driver installation separate (which would be of benefit to Customers integrating products into systems).

Please e-mail support@picotech.com indicating which programming language and operating system that you are using and whether you require 32-bit or 64-bit drivers.

Regards,

chansen

Post by chansen »

Thanks Hitesh for the quick reply and the updated Programmer's Guide.

For our test fixture we would be using C#, running on (64-bit) Windows Server 2012.

I've emailed support as advised, I assume the latest SDK will work though.

Thanks again,
Carsten

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Carsten,

Please install the SDK as this will install the USB kernel drivers.

We will make the drivers and updated C# example available for you. Please note that there has been an API change for the data type that relates to segmenting the memory which is reflected in the updated example.

Regards,