Pico Log Crashes

Forum for discussing PicoLog
Wooi

Pico Log Crashes

Post by Wooi »

Hi,
I have been using TC-08 data logger with Picolog R5.01 and Windows ME without any problem. Recently i have bought a new PC running with Windows XP, but it seems to be unstable running in XP even i have downloaded the latest version of Picolog (5.12.4) which supports Windows XP. The Picolog Recorder always hangs during recording, sometimes it hangs as soon as i press record button. But sometimes it hangs after an hour. Can you please help?? Thanks.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

I am not sure why this should be happening. I have not experienced any problems with Picolog hanging in the recent versions. You might like to try a slightly older version such as 5.11.8 which can be downloaded from:

http://www.picotech.com/software-archive.html

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Jaime M

Post by Jaime M »

I have the same problem in XP. I will try the older version as well.

Post by Guest »

I can't install the older version or uninstall the 5.12. When I go to the uninstall I icon it hands up when it the window comes up to select OK to uninstall. On the install of the 5.11 version it hangs up as soon as the Langauge selection window comes up.

Any suggestions?

thank You

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your posts.

I'm not sure why this shouldbe happening. Have you tried installing 5.12.6? Does this work?

Let me know how you get on.

Best Regards

robertbox

Post by robertbox »

I've just tried to do some pretty urgent testing with a borrowed dual Xeon workstation with XP on it (has 2 serial ports), in order to do some electrical/thermal work. We have a TC-08 and an ADC-16.

As on some other PCs, the software occasionally crashes with no error message and I have to enter all of the calculated parameters again from scratch. I've tried 5.13.7, 5.11.8, 5.12.4, 5.12.3, 5.12.6, you name it.

May I suggest an introduction of PicoLog version 6? Logging software should, above everything else, be reliable. As it stands it's useless, having this   of whether or not it may or may not crash at any time depending unknown criteria.

We're looking at USB versions of the above but I'm afraid we'll be lumbered again with the infamous 5.xx.xx syndrome

RMWaters

PicoLog and TC-08 serial crashing on XP

Post by RMWaters »

I also have the same problem. The logging software v5.15.4 crashes after 0 to 300 samples have been acquired (4 channels plus cold junction).

If you cannot replicate the problem, you should at least be supplying us with diagnostic tools to help you fix this issue.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

We have fixed the graphing problem. Please check shortly for an announcement.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum