Probs with dll 2

Post your VB and VBA discussions here
AndyB
User
User

Probs with dll 2

Post by AndyB »

Please help. I have now discovered that the get single reading call just does not work. I've tried the scan number of channels and obtain a block of readings call and that returns sensible values, but ..... , the driver seems to crash constantly, especially when you try to close the vb form window or hit the IDE stop button, generall the C debugger is triggered and as soon as you close the debugger the VB IDE crashes out to the desktop - no messages , and no obvious reason for the crash. I've been very careful to close the driver using Close_unit before I stop the app but this does not seem to help.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Andy

Thank you for your posts.

One of our software engineers is going to have to look into this. We'll let you know how we get on.

Best Regards

AndyB
User
User

Post by AndyB »

I've dabbled further, and I can get FAST collect to work if I ship the command that checks adc11_ready, on my DELL laptop it never returns ready, but if I skip the command I can retrieve the data, on my desktop machine, it appears that this is the call causing that may be causing the problem. I can (by being careful with opening and closing the device and ensuring it is never left with unretrieved data) collect readings without the driver falling over. This is not really a solution, but at least I can get started with software development.