Mono Problems (still?)

Discussion forum for the Picoscope 6 Linux software
jpa

Mono Problems (still?)

Post by jpa »

System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_at_fdcwd.

Any help?

John
-->
I had PicoScope running on my system (Ubuntu 14.04) and everything was happy. But at some point, after installing standard updates, two apps based on Mono started crashing immediately after launch. After several tries at removing and reinstalling the apps and every Mono library I could find, I finally hit on a common library that forced me to uninstall picoscope (and picomono) in order to remove and reinstall the library. Lo and behold, both apps worked right up to the point where I tried to reinstall picoscope and picomono, at which point they died again. Doing nothing but uninstalling picomono fixes them again.

I've read some threads here about Mono problems and there seems to be some indication that the latest release fixes these, but I'm on the ppa, so I'd think I'd be getting the latest release using Synaptic. "mono -V" reports 3.2.8. Synaptic reports that the latest available version of picoscope is 6.11.13-4r3.

The essential message that both apps throw when crashing is the same...Unhandled Exception, System.TypeInitializationException, Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall --> System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_at_fdcwd.

Any help?

John