Error - ADC 212 Not Connected

Post any questions about our parallel port products
rselby
User
User

Error - ADC 212 Not Connected

Post by rselby »

I have just purchased a new ADC 212 and installed onto a new Windows XP machine using the provided R18 installation disc. On starting Picoscope I was informed that the program could not connect to ADC212. I susbsequently tried this device on a Windows 2000 machine that had previously had an ADC216 working on it. Having reconfigured the converter settings for the ADC212 I came up with the same message.

I have subsequently tried other picoscopes that we have in the organisation and they all come up with the same error message. I have changed the parallel cable, the power supply and installed various versions of the drivers includign the latest ones from your website. In all instances I have the same error message.

Furthermore the Windows 2000 machine that I had prevoiusly got Picoscope working on is now providing the same error message.

have you got any advice to resolving this problem

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can download the latest version of our software from our website:
www.pioctech.com/software.html
Try running your trusted 216 with the new software. This should determine if the scope is faulty or not.
If this fails to resolve your issue, please contact us direct at support@picotech.com

Best regards,
Michael - Tech Support
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

rselby
User
User

Post by rselby »

Hi Michael,

I have downloaded the latest software from your site, and have now got both the ADC 212 and ADC 216 wotking on the Windows 2000 machine, however even with the new software I cannot got either device to work on the Windows XP SP2 machine. I have looked at the bios and configured the LPT1 port in line with your recommendations, but to no avail.

We actually carry about 5 ADC212 and 10 ADC216 at this site and have experinced the same problem on a number of these devices. In most part we have found the only reliable way to operate the picoscopes is on machines operating with Windows 98. However due to company policy the windows 98 machines are being phased and consequently we need to come up with a solution for this problem

Do you have any further advice?

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

This sounds like an operating system problem. Can you contact us direct via email or telephone? I will be able to help you further in this way.

Please contact me direct at: support@picotech.com
or telephone +44(0) 1480 396395

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

richhutchins
Active User
Active User

ADC not connected

Post by richhutchins »

I just ordered and received the USB to Parallel adapter for my older ADC -212/100. I have tried both the picoscope software on the R.29 disc and the latest R5_13_9 version from the website. I get an error message when Picoscope is loading that said, "ADC not connected".

I am running WinXP Media center edition SP2 on a brand new HP laptop. The laptop has an Intel Centrino Dou

I noticed that the red LED on the ADC-212 will extinguish mid-way through the picoscope loading screen process. (if you never start picoscope, the LED will stay illuminated all day long)

I also knoticed that the LED on the actual USB to Parallel adapter is illuminated. (FFY21/126)

I tried going to File/setup/converter/ and re-checking ADC-212 and printer port "USB-PP1". No success.

I tried not connecting the ADC, starting picoscope, then "hot-plugging" the USB plug. No success.

Please help me get my ADC-212 to run.

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

From the batch number, we can see that your unit is one of the older designs. The calibration date suggests the unit is out of manufacturers warranty too. However, we can modify the unit to work with your parallel port adapter. This process typically takes 3-5 days from receipt of your scope.

As you have recently purchased the parallel port adapter, we can provide this service without incurring a repair charge.

Please contact me direct to arrange the return and repair.
Email support@picotech.com

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum

richhutchins
Active User
Active User

need return info

Post by richhutchins »

Sorry Michael,
I hate to do this in the public forum. I have been trying to get the product return info for a week now. Can you please go ahead and send me any RMA numbers, and related return info directlly to my e-mail. I can't have this kind of investment laying around not working. My clients are waiting on me, and I dont' have a working scope since my old parallel port equipped PC died. I have to factor in shipping time too. Please send the info as soon as possible. I hope to ship out to you on July 21st.

Thank you for your help,
Richard Hutchins

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Richard,

I will send you an email direct from your forum user details.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum