Equivalent time sampling (ETS) for PicoScope 5444 via MATLAB

Post by skade »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to enable ETS via MATLAB. Here is my code

Code: Select all

data.BUFFER_SIZE = 1024;

pBufferChA = libpointer('int16Ptr',zeros(data.BUFFER_SIZE,1));

sampleTimePicosecond = libpointer('int64Ptr',zeros(data.BUFFER_SIZE,1));

[status] = invoke(ps5000aDeviceObj, 'ps5000aSetEts', ps5000aEnuminfo.enPS5000AEtsMode.PS5000A_ETS_FAST, 20, 4, sampleTimePicosecond);
I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Error using privateExecuteMCode (line 45)
Undefined variable "PS5000AConstants" or class "PS5000AConstants.MODEL_PS5242A".

Error in instrgate (line 21)
   [varargout{1:nout}] = feval(varargin{:});

Error in icdevice/invoke (line 71)
        output = instrgate('privateExecuteMCode', code, obj, varargin, nargout);

Error in MinimalBeispiel (line 59)
 [status] = invoke(ps5000aDeviceObj, 'ps5000aSetEts',
 ps5000aEnuminfo.enPS5000AEtsMode.PS5000A_ETS_FAST, 5, 1, sampleTimePicosecond);
Whitout this lines everything works fine. It seems something with the instrument model identification doesn't work. By having a look into the picotech_ps5000a_generic.mdd file it is just a simple switch - case function to identify the used PicoScope model.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong in my code?

BR
skade

Hitesh

Re: Equivalent time sampling (ETS) for PicoScope 5444 via MA

Post by Hitesh »

Hi skade,

Please e-mail support@picotech.com and we can provide you with an updated Instrument Driver and ETS data capture example script.

It would be helpful to know which version of MATLAB you are using and whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit.

In your call to ps5000aSetEts, I can see that you defined the sampleTimePicoSecond parameter pointer to an array - this should actually be a single value as you will see in the example.

Regards,