zoomed image dosen't update

Forum for discussing PicoScope version 6 (non-automotive version)
mdearman

zoomed image dosen't update

Post by mdearman »

Hello,

I'm using the 5444B, I don't know if it's the same with all scopes. I want to capture a lot of I2C data and be able to zom in on it to see the detail. This is very acheivable by setting a long timebase and high sample rate then using the zoom function. The problem is on more recent versions of Picoscope the zoomed in image doesn't update to full resolution until you press stop which is quite annoying.

the upload functon on this page is also very annoying, I tried to upload pictures of what i meant but can't.
[edit by site admin] The error you reported should be fixed

Mike
Attachments
before.jpg

Hitesh

Re: zoomed image dosen't update

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Mike,

Our Development Team have been notified about this before. Could you please send the corresponding psdata file to support@picotech.com and we can investigate further.

Regards,

JimClarke

Post by JimClarke »

Hello Hitesh

I have seen the same effect on the 2204A and also on the demo instrument.

In the zoomed image, real time, the trace is broadened in the y direction until stop is pressed.
Monitoring in real time is not possible.
Once stop is pressed trace is then good.

Is this being addressed?

Jim

JimClarke

Post by JimClarke »

Here are example files using the demo instrument.
Same issue with full release and with Beta
Same issue with 2204A
Real Time
Real Time
After Stop
After Stop
Attachments
20150916-0002.pssettings
Demo Instrument Settings
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
20150916-0001.psdata
Demo Instrument Data
(8.44 KiB) Downloaded 553 times

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Jim,

This issue has previously been reported to our Development Team with the response that this is expected behaviour.

The software is displaying aggregated data (a certain number of min/max pairs) with the complete data requested at the end of the buffer or when the data capture is stopped (resulting in the trace being redrawn).

The Development Team may look into a feature in order to fix zooming in streaming mode.

Regards,

bk64

Post by bk64 »

Hello Hitesh,
I face the same problem.
The zoom image shows a low resolution during streaming. After the stream is completed (single trigger mode) the resolution is decreased again instead of increasing it.
If the data is stored and opened again it is shown with a high resolution as expected. If the stream is stopped manually before it is completed the resolution is high too.
It seems that the behaviour is not as intendend.

regards,

BK

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi BK,

With regards to

[quote=bk64]
After the stream is completed (single trigger mode) the resolution is decreased again instead of increasing it.
[/quote]
Could you please provide the corresponding psdata file so that I can run a test with your settings?

Thanks,