USB TC-08 specs

Post any questions you may have about our current range of USB data loggers
Carl S

USB TC-08 specs

Post by Carl S »

Hi

I may have posted my question in the wrong spot yesterday. So this is try #II.

I am interested in the USB TC-08. The specifications listed at the website don't include the possible time intervals which you can choose between the taking of data, nor the number of data which can be stored. I tried to download the instruction manual (.PDF), but it didn't work.

I would appreciate knowing this information.

Many thanks,

Carl S

I was able to download the data sheet, which said that up to a million data can be stored, and that the minimum time interval is 0.1 second. So can I store data every minute? Every 10 minutes? Every 30 minutes?

Thanks

Michael
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Michael »

Hello Carl,

Thank you for your post.

Let's look at this in terms of hardware and software.

The USB TC-08 has a conversion time of 100ms per active channel, 0.1s time interval. Increase by 100ms for every channel you activate say 4 and the cold junction, 5 in total, The conversion time becomes 500ms intervals. This is the limitation of the hardware.

PicoLog can sample at millisecond interval in streaming modes. Our TC-08 can only sample at 100ms at its fastest. So you can tell PicoLog to get a sample every millisecond but it will only return the last converted measurement from the TC-08.

Now, PicoLog can store up to 1 million samples in a single log file. This is the limitation of the software. PicoLog can record a new log file, sequentially numbered, to give you minimum breaks in recording. This would also depend on the size of your storage device. For example, 1 million samples on eleven channels is roughly 47 MB.

I hope this answers your questions.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Michael
Michael - Tech Support
Pico Technology
Web Support Forum