Connecting PS 3403D MSO with MATLAB

Post any questions you may have about our current range of oscilloscopes
mark_usolb

Connecting PS 3403D MSO with MATLAB

Post by mark_usolb »

Hello,

I recently got a new PS 3403D, and I am trying to connect it to MATLAB.

I downloaded the SDK and the MATLAB drivers, selected the SDK and the ps3000a folder as path and copied the files to the right folders as described in the manual. I also installed the USB drivers and connected the PS with the Software "PicoScope 6" and it worked.
I am using MATLAB on 2 computers, the first one with MATLAB 32 bit the second with MATLAB 64 bit. The second one doesn't work at all (I installed the newest Microsoft Visual C++ 64 bit and set it as default compiler).
On the first machine I tried it both with the files in "ps3000a" and in "ps3000a_BETA".
With the standard files I started "PS3000aConfig.m" and then "PS3000a_IC_Generic_Driver_1buffer_RapidBlock.m" and got the error shown in the first picture.
Export_standard.jpg
With the beta files I started "PS3000aConfig.m" and then "PS3000a_IC_Generic_Driver_Block_MSO.m". I got the error shown in the second picture.
Export_beta.jpg
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark

Hitesh

Re: Connecting PS 3403D MSO with MATLAB

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Mark,

The PicoScope 3403D is not fully compatible with the original Instrument Driver.

The reason for the Beta version not connecting is that the drivers (32-bit and 64-bit) in the current SDK will not work if the latest stable release of the PicoScope 6 software (6.10.16.2) has been installed.

The error message for the Beta version will most likely appear if multiple connect attempts are made.

Please e-mail support@picotech.com and we can provide a new SDK installer (this should be available online soon) with a new set of drivers.

Thanks,