accuracy of ADC 11/12

Post any questions about our parallel port products
PhilRosenberg

accuracy of ADC 11/12

Post by PhilRosenberg »

Hi
I am using an adc11/12 and would like to know about the accuracy of this unit. It is quoted on your web page as 0.5%, but it does not say how this number is arrived at.
Is this:
1) a 0.5% variation between units with all channels in the same unit consistent.
2) a 0.5% variation between different channels in the same unit.
3) a 0.5% uncertainty caused by the size of the applicable temperature range.
4) something else completely
5) a combinaton of the previous 4.

If all channels are consistent withing a unit then does that mean that the accuracy can be improved by measuring one (or more) reference voltage(s) on one (or more) other channel(s)

Also is the accuracy truely proportional to the value measured? Is there a 0V offset.

Any information regarding accuracy that you can give me would be very useful as I wish to get the best I can out of my unit.

Thanks
Phil

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Each channel individually has a 0.5% accuracy. This is full range and so equates to 12.5mV. The accuracy of each channel must be considered individually.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

Thank you very much for your reply.
Could the accuracy be improved by callibrating each channel with known reference voltages? Is there a significant temperature drift?

Thanks
Phil

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

It would be possible to correct any offsets on the unit and this should improve the accuracy a bit, however I do not know by how much. We are not aware of any significant temperature drifts with the ADC-11 units.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

dundas
User
User

Post by dundas »

is the corresponding range of voltage and temperature for ADC-11 (V1) as follows?

Code: Select all

0-2.5 V
-40-100 degrees

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi

Thank you for your post.

The voltage range for the ADC-11 is 0 to 2.5V as you stated however there is no temperature range given as it does not measure temperature. You could interface a temperature probe but the range available would depend on it's output.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Post by Guest »

ok, i see then.

thanks a lot Sarah.