TH03 Updated Labview drivers for labview 7.1 8.5.1 or 8.6???

Post your LabVIEW discussions here
frantzse
User
User

TH03 Updated Labview drivers for labview 7.1 8.5.1 or 8.6???

Post by frantzse »

Hi

I've just received the TH-03 Themperature Data Logger and installed the PicoLog software and it seems to work Ok. However I like to used the Labview drivers which seems to be available for only old Labview versions like 4,5,6.
Currently I use the files found in the library TH03.LLB in the software development kit R1.0.0
When I open It in Labview 8.5.1 it says the the files are to Old to be converted. Labview 7.1 manage to open the files but with a broken link in the Call Library Function Node of the th03_channel.vi I fixed this broken link by reconfiguring the link to the th0332.dll by choosing th03_labview under function name.
The vi is now able to run. I’ve connected the TH03 to COM 1. And therefore choose port 1 in the front panels controller. However I get no response from the VI. The ok and the temperature indicator are 0. Is there a newer labview driver available or is there another working fix for these labview files?

Thanks & Regards,
Frantz

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

I just tested and saved these VIs in LabVIEW 8.2.

I hope they're useful.

Robin
Attachments
TH03.zip
(14.38 KiB) Downloaded 687 times

frantzse
User
User

Post by frantzse »

Hi

Your updated Labview driver also work for 8.5.1 and 8.6
Thank you very much

Regards
Frantz

luisbgomez

Re: TH03 Updated Labview drivers for labview 7.1 8.5.1 or 8.

Post by luisbgomez »

Hi,

We are planning to buy the TH-03 Thermistor Converter. I downloaded the TH03.llb above and open the example. It gave an error:

Call Library Function Node 'th0332.dll:_th03_labview@20': Library not found or failed.

The library specified for this node cannot be found or cannot be loaded. Right-click the Call Library Function node and select Configure, then choose the correct library name or path.

How can I solve this?

Thanks!
Last edited by luisbgomez on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

All our software can be downloaded from www.picotech.com/software.html

Drivers/examples are included in the siftware development kits (SDKs)

Robin

luisbgomez

Post by luisbgomez »

Robin wrote: Drivers/examples are included in the siftware development kits (SDKs)

Robin
Thanks Robin,

I downloaded the kit, but include an earlier version I cannot open with LV8.6. I could try to open the llb with an earlier version, I could install on an old computer, but it seems from earlier posts there is an updated version already available.

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

Hi

I opened it and re-saved it in version 8.2. You should be able to open it now.

I noticed that you changed your previous post. Regarding the library, make sure that the dll is in the same folder as the llb file. If it still can't find it, double click on the call library function node and select the dll.

Robin
Attachments
TH03.zip
(11.7 KiB) Downloaded 586 times

luisbgomez

Post by luisbgomez »

Robin wrote:I noticed that you changed your previous post. Regarding the library, make sure that the dll is in the same folder as the llb file. If it still can't find it, double click on the call library function node and select the dll.

Robin
Yes, I cahnged the previous post after seen in that you have included the zip file.

But still can't find the dll. is it included in the zip file? perhaps I don't have rights to see dll files from from my work computer

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

The dll should be in the SDK. It will also be in your PicoLog folder (C:\program files\pico technology\pico full)

I've posted it here too.

Robin
Attachments
th0332.zip
(28.66 KiB) Downloaded 594 times

luisbgomez

Post by luisbgomez »

Robin wrote:I've posted it here too.

Robin
Now it loads with no errors. Thanks Robin. the vis are simple. is is true that the temperature can b read efectively every 0.6 sec?

Robin
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Robin »

The conversion time is 2 seconds plus 1 second per active channel:

http://www.picotech.com/thermistor.html

However, you can request values from the driver as frequently as you like. If a new value is not available, the old one will be repeated.

CallumHartley

Post by CallumHartley »

Hi I have issues with the same thing, I am currently running labview 14.0 and the drivers from picotech.com are out of date for this version.

Can someone help me either by explaining how to convert these to the correct file or giving me any updated versions?

That would be great.

Thanks in advance, Callum

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The TH03 is an old product and no longer supported, the previous post on this thread was from 5 years ago.

I would suggest just talking directly to the device over the serial port using LabVIEW serial communication. The protocol is defined on page 14 of the manual
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

CallumHartley

Post by CallumHartley »

Hi Martyn

From following the manual Instructions I still cannot seem to get it working. The issue seems to lie with the version of labview being too new. Having gone through the errors in labview I am at the point where I need to call the library fucntion. I select the th0332.dll and it says "the library selected is not valid for the current platform. For example, you are running 64-bit labview and the library might be 32-bit"

Is there a way around this? Such as an updated dll file. Or is just that the library is too old to communicate with the newer version of labview?

Thanks for your help, Callum

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The driver is too old, the only way to talk to it on a 64bit system would be directly over a serial port, this removes the need for any drivers.

Have you made sure that RTS and DTR lines are in the correct state to power the TH03 ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager