Agilent Vee 9.32 and new Picoscope 2204A: Signal generation

Post general discussions on using our drivers to write your own software here
saketh

Agilent Vee 9.32 and new Picoscope 2204A: Signal generation

Post by saketh »

I am trying to use the new Picoscope 2204A (smaller dark blue one) along with Agilent VEE 9.32 to generate both sine and arbitrary waveforms. I have the latest DLL and vee drivers. Based on the programming guide, it seems that I have to use ps2000SetSigGenArbitrary and ps2000SetSigGenBuiltIn.

ps2000SetSigGenArbitrary is not declared in the ps2000.vh and the built-in block does not appear in VEE for this function.
ps2000SetSigGenBuiltIn is declared in the ps2000.vh and the built-in block does appear in VEE. However, when I run the VEE program it complains about an error in line 135 about a wrong declaration of the variable. It turns out that this might be because the function is not declared short _stdcall ... or long _stdcall... but just _stdcall... When this was corrected, it seems that the program has no errors but there is no output from the Picoscope.

I would very much appreciate if you can take a look at these two functions and provide a simple example in VEE of generating signals. I am looking for something basic really.

Thanks.

--Saketh

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Agilent Vee 9.32 and new Picoscope 2204A: Signal generat

Post by Martyn »

Unfortunately we no longer actively support Agilent VEE for our scopes, and do not have an environment where we can test out any code. It is still included in the drivers, for legacy reasons, although it has been removed in the new SDK installer which will be available on the web soon.

Are you setting the scope up to capture data at the same time as generating, or are you just trying to use the generator ?
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

porizm

Re: Agilent Vee 9.32 and new Picoscope 2204A: Signal generation

Post by porizm »

I do not want to reply. I was surprised that Pico no longer actively support Agilent/Keysight VEE Pro for the scopes. Recently we purchased PicoScope 5444D in our lab. Now we would like to create an application in VEE for measurements with 5444D. Nothing complicated. Just set the scope and start streaming data. In VEE we then want to evaluate the acquired data and decide whether store it to disk or not. I must say that I am not familiar enough with C language. The same is with LabView. We have been using VEE in our lab for quite a long time, we created some applications even with ADC-212 and ADC-216.
Is there any way how to use 5444D with VEE Pro 9.32, please?

NeilH
PICO STAFF
PICO STAFF

Re: Agilent Vee 9.32 and new Picoscope 2204A: Signal generation

Post by NeilH »

Hi

We do not support VEE as there is not the demand for it to warrant the development time.
We do have a range of examples for variety of programming languages hosted on our github page www.github.com/picotech that are designed to show how to control the devices using the PicoSDK in these languages.

Neil
Neil
Technical Support Engineer