Library was not found

Post your MATLAB discussions here
juergen.rupp

Library was not found

Post by juergen.rupp »

Hello,

I can't get my picoscope 5444B working in Matlab R2015a 64 Bit.
It works properly with picoscope 6 Software, but fails in matlab giving the following message:

>> PS5000aConfig
>> pico = icdevice('picotech_ps5000a_generic','');

Copyright (C) Pico Technology Ltd. 2013 - 2014

PicoScope 5000 Series MATLAB Instrument Driver

Error using instrument/delete (line 82)
Operation failed: An error occurred while executing the driver disconnect code.
Library was not found
If this error is not an instrument error, use MIDEDIT to inspect the driver.

Error in icdevice (line 310)
delete(obj);

All 64-Bit dlls were copied to c:\windows\sysWOW64 and m-files to the matlab path.
How can I find out, which library is missing and why?
Checking the driver in the hardware configuration of Windows only shows dlls in c:\windows\system32

Best regards,
Juergen Rupp

Hitesh

Re: Library was not found

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Juergen,

Please ensure that you have copied the following dll files to a location on the MATLAB path:
  • ps5000a.dll
  • PicoIpp.dll
  • ps5000aWrap.dll (located in the SDK Wrapper/Release/x64 directory)
There are also thunk dlls generated by MATLAB which are located in the SDK's MATLAB/ps5000a/x64 directory.

Hope this helps.

Rumchiller

Post by Rumchiller »

hello again, back from work :)
i think its a problem with the new picoscope driver. before the download of the last picoscope software there was no problem. since i installed the new picoscope software, i get the same error. can i get somewhere the old driver version from picoscope 6.11.xx?

ps: picoscope 3203d

Rumchiller

Post by Rumchiller »

ok, i installed the driver which is provided with the sdk kit. now it is working again.

juergen.rupp

Post by juergen.rupp »

Hello,
I couldn't work on this topic last week, and can't start again before middle of April. But then I will re-install everything related to picoscope, too.
Best regards,
Juergen

Arsal

Post by Arsal »

Hey there, I am also facing the same problem like juergen via Picoscope 5444b using Matlab:

"I can't get my picoscope 5444B working in Matlab R2015a 64 Bit.
It works properly with picoscope 6 Software, but fails in matlab giving the following message:

Error using instrument/delete (line 82)
Operation failed: An error occurred while executing the driver disconnect code.
Library was not found
If this error is not an instrument error, use MIDEDIT to inspect the driver.

Error in icdevice (line 310)
delete(obj);".

I have given the paths as explained in the tutorial by pico technology and also checked the .dll files infact there are only two dll files available in the sdk and their names are also not exactly the same that you mentioned. PicoIpp.dll is not available in the sdk. ps5000a.dll & ps5000aWrap.dll are available with not exactly the same names but the names of the available dll file starts with ps5000a_.... .dll and ps5000awrap_..... .dll respectively.(I get )

Looking forward to get a solution.

Regards,
Arsal

Hitesh

Post by Hitesh »

Hi Arsal,

The ps5000a_thunk_pcwin64.dll and ps5000aWrap_thunk_pcwin64.dll files are compatibility layer libraries generated by MATLAB when the ps5000aMFile and ps5000aWrapMFile were created. This ensures that you do not need to have a C compiler configured in MATLAB.

These should not be renamed and their location should be on the MATLAB path at the time of using the Instrument Driver.

The 64-bit ps5000a.dll, ps5000aWrap.dll and picoipp.dll files should be in the following location which you can add to the MATLAB path:

Code: Select all

addpath('C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\SDK\lib');
Hope this helps,

cseabra

Post by cseabra »

Dear Hitesh,
I've come late to the party and hope I still get some answers. I just downloaded the SDK kit from the PicoScope website. From what I've understood these last few days, picotech changed how the directories/files are saved when downloading the Kit. Now there is no Matlab folder created, just 'C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\SDK\lib' for example.
In this path 'C:\Program Files\Pico Technology\SDK\lib') I have the ps5000a.dll and picoipp.dll files but NOT the ps5000aWrap.dll file.
Where can I find it?

Best,
Caro

Martyn
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Martyn »

The wrapper binaries have been moved to GitHub
https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-c-wrappers-binaries

if you drop them into the SDK/lib folder then you should find things work.
Martyn
Technical Support Manager

pico-aristos

Post by pico-aristos »

Martyn wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:54 pm
The wrapper binaries have been moved to GitHub
https://github.com/picotech/picosdk-c-wrappers-binaries

if you drop them into the SDK/lib folder then you should find things work.
Thank you for the tip.
However, wouldn't it be nicer, if the SDK installation automatically added those files where they are supposed to be? It used to work fine for me, but I had to format my pc, and now it took me quite a few infuriating hours to make MATLAB work again! And only because I happened to find this one post in the forum, it's nowhere in the installation instructions...